Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sometimes life gets in the way

I've been de-railed these past few days. Life sometimes gets in the way of plans and dreams. You know how it is, life happens, and keeps on going on even when you would rather it just stopped for a little while.

When I say I've been de-railed of course I mean I de-railed myself. You can only be de-railed if you allow it to happen, and I did. Sure, life sucks sometimes, but when I go into a tailspin and shut down, the only one to suffer is me. So I really have to learn to keep positive no matter what is going on, and to keep my focus on my chosen path.

But, while I dealt with personal stuff, I didn't write although I meant to. I didn't do anything to promote the book, although I wanted to. I didn't make any plans, or dream any dreams. I just wallowed in a self-pity party. It wasn't a fun party. The problem with a self-pity party is that there is nobody else invited, just me. And a me drowning in self-pity is really really really boring. I found myself rolling my eyes at my sad self, so I decided enough is enough.

So I am back in the land of hopes and dreams, back on my path and more determined not to backslide. Luck happens for sure, but sometimes it needs a bit of a push to happen. So here I am, ready to make my own luck.

Well that's not much of a blog, sadly it's where I'm at right now. I'll leave you with the dog, who is never where I am at, she's always happy - she might be about to have a nervous breakdown happy because she's sure it's walk/food time and she's been waiting ALL DAY, or happy because it's FINALLY walk/food time, or ecstatic because she's just had walk/bath/food, but she's always happy!





1 comment: